Sussex Coast College Hastings have a short course designed for, and in association with, the high vacuum industry and its suppliers in the Hastings and Rother area.
1. Know what is meant by ‘high vacuum’ and relate it to basic formulae and materials.
2. Know the main techniques for creating, measuring and monitoring vacuum in a process.
3. Appreciate the applications of vacuum in manufacturing processes and be able to use information sources to select appropriate equipment for creating a basic system.
4. Know about the modes of failure of vacuum systems and the impact that material selection and condition can have.
5. Be able to identify applications and describe the nature of vacuum and methods of creating and utilising a vacuum for a variety of processes.
Register interest via Jennie Salt: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01424 458369 by 18th April 2014.