As part of its annual award ceremony to celebrate the achievements of its learners, Sussex Coast College, Hastings also celebrated the appointment of seven Apprentice Ambassadors. These are all learners with the College who are current Apprentices with employers around the Hastings and Rother area and each one has been chosen from around 40 nominees submitted by their assessors and selected by the Work Based Learning Team on their individual merits.
Those selected are champions of Apprenticeships and the work we do with employers. These learners have been nominated by their assessors for their commitment to work and their Apprenticeship programme.
This is a scheme that the College has adopted and will continue to run in the years to come and is very much about celebrating the success of learners at the College as well as the commitment by local employers who support the young people with their careers.
The aims of the Apprentice Ambassadors are to:
- Champion Apprenticeships to young people interested in taking-up Apprenticeships.
- Advise and help young people in choosing the right Apprenticeship programmes.
- Provide feedback to the College on issues which affect the quality and effectiveness of Apprenticeships and to flag up any other issues which require further exploration.
- With their employers, be the face of the College Apprenticeship programmes for the next year.
“Who better to be the face of the College’s Apprenticeships and the voice of the College’s success at working with young people and employers than the Apprentices themselves,” said Tim Scott, Head of Business Development at the College.
The list of those selected and who they are doing their apprenticeships with are as follows:
- Scott MacBean (The Rye Retreat)
- Tom Deverson (Booker & Best)
- Craig Halbard-Jones (Drallim Engineering)
- Enrico Phillis (Drallim Engineering)
- Alex John Dobson (Drallim Engineering)
- Gabriele Simbelyte (SCCH)
- Tom Growns (SCCH)
The Apprenticeship Team at SCCH can be reached on 01424 458340 and email@example.com
Information about ‘Home Grown’ project is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image on homepage: Apprentice Ambassador, Scott MacBean receiving his award from Principal Clive Cooke during the Sussex Coast College Student Achievement Awards Ceremony.