The first conference for the award winning social enterprise, WayfinderWoman, will be held on April 22 at the East Sussex National. This supports women and young girls wishing to find volunteering opportunities, enter the workplace, pursue careers or successfully set up businesses.
The half-day conference aims to help businesses reflect on their recruitment and working practices in order to access a wealth of unrecognised talent to help them grow and increase their bottom line.
Designed with women and businesses in mind, the conference is open to all and aims to inspire and help organisations to develop.
At the event there will be seven speakers who will talk about their stories of regional, national and international success to an audience of 160+. There will also be time for networking and lunch.
The speakers are as follows:
- Nus Ghani, Wealden MP talking about her time training women under fire in Kabul
- Julia Barfield, entrepreneur responsible for getting the London Eye built and finalist for the global Stirling Prize
- Penny Mallory, world champion Rally Cross driver
- Anji Hunter, Special Adviser to Edelman, the largest PR company in the world & Head of Communications to Tony Blair’s government
- Penina Shepherd, MD of multi-award winning Acumen Business Law who will be talking about following your passion
- Daryl Gayler, Regional MD of RBS
- Katy Bourne, Sussex PCC and ex-businesswoman who built her business up from scratch and sold it on
Tickets are £40 per person and can be booked here.
There are also a limited number of sponsorship packages available.