Got a great business project that could make Europe greener but don’t know how to get it off the ground? The information for the Eco-Innovation funding available to SME’s is taken directly off the EU Commission site. Read on for everything you need to know with links and downloads.
The European Commission grants up to 50% co-funding to finance green ideas: the total budget available for the 2013 Call is almost 31.6 Million Euros.
Calls are open to all legal persons…
This call is open to all legal persons that are based in eligible countries but the priority will be given to Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). Clusters of applicants and projects which demonstrate a European added value and have a high potential for market replication are strongly encouraged.
Although priority will be given to SMEs* and private beneficiaries, the calls for proposals are open to all legal persons located in one of the following countries:
- 27 EU member states
- Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein
- Albania, Croatia, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Israel, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey
- Other non-EU countries provided they have the appropriate agreement in force (currently none).
Also see Article 4 of the CIP legal base.
* SMEs are defined as enterprises which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million, or an annual balance sheet not exceeding €43 million.
What will be funded?
Calls support Eco-innovative projects in different sectors which aim at the prevention or reduction of environmental impacts or which contribute to the optimal use of resources. However, more specific priorities are being set up considering their important environmental impact and policy priorities of the European Union:
- Materials Recycling
- Sustainable Building Products
- Food and Drink Sector
- Greening businesses
Submission of your proposal is only possible on-line.
Results of previous calls are also available. Check them out to find out more about the projects that received funding under these calls for proposals:
- List of shortlisted projects recommended from Call 2012 [154 KB]
- Grants awarded in 2012, please consult the Financial Transparency System
- Results of the call 2012 CIP Eco-innovation [156 KB]
- First overview of the Call 2012 CIP Eco-Innovation [135 KB]
- List of grants awarded by Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation in 2011 (call 2010) [39 KB]
- Analysis of the call for proposals 2011 [37 KB]
- List of selected projects 2011 [198 KB]
- Analysis of the call for proposals 2010 [38 KB]
- List of selected projects 2010 [71 KB]
- Results of the call for proposals 2009 [38 KB]
- List of selected projects 2009 [25 KB]
- List of selected projects 2009-2008 [77 KB]
- Results of the call for proposals 2008 [198 KB]
Call for proposals – “Network of Eco-innovation Financiers”
Please be informed of another call for proposals in the framework of the Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme (CIP) 2007–2013, a call on a “Network of Eco-innovation Financiers“. Finance available totals 2 million euros. The maximum EU-funding rate is 95% of the eligible costs of the action. The deadline for applications is Monday, 23 September 2013 at 17:00 Brussels Local Time (CET).
Boosting access of eco-innovative companies to finance motivates this call.
Specifically, the call seeks to expand available private and public sources of funding over the long term, in a sustainable manner. In particular, it pursues the objective that eco-innovative companies take full advantage of European demand-led innovation financing opportunities. Finally, it targets improving deal flow and increasing its quality, for the benefit of entrepreneurs and investors.
Proposals should include as many of the following activities as possible:
- establishing an EU-wide network and community of public and private financiers and investors that support eco-innovation;
- organizing networking conferences;
- setting up a web matchmaking platform;
- informing eco-innovative companies of financing opportunities;
- coaching eco-innovative companies to make them investor ready.
For more information on the Call and how to submit a proposal, please see:http://ec.europa.eu/environment/funding/ecoinnovation_13.htm.
For possible queries, please get in contact with: ENV-ECOAP@ec.europa.eu.
The Call CIP-EIP-ECO-INNOVATION-2013 will close on 05 September 2013 at 17:00:00, Brussels local time. Proposals received after this deadline will not be evaluated.