There is £350,000 funding remaining to create sustainable jobs in East Sussex. The East Sussex Invest or ESI fund can provide financial incentives for:
- Companies relocating to East Sussex and creating local jobs
- Local companies moving within the county to grow and create more local jobs
- Start-up companies which will create local jobs.
There is scope within the ESI Fund to make a loan where insufficient jobs will be created within 12 months if continuing growth can be demonstrated.
The minimum grant available on the Economic Intervention Fund is £10,000.
Who can apply – eligibility criteria
The custodians of the ESI Fund will consider companies from all sectors, although normally this excludes retail. They particularly encourage applications from higher value manufacturing, engineering, scientific, bio-chemical, ICT and research and development companies.
Eligible companies must meet these minimum criteria.
- Businesses must be one of these:
- A company new to East Sussex that is looking to move into the County and create new jobs for local residents
- Existing East Sussex company looking to move and expand within the county and create new local jobs
- New start-up company setting up in East Sussex and creating new local jobs
- Create sustainable new jobs in the county and be able to provide evidence of plans for further growth.Demonstrate the difference the grant or loan will make to the project or company.
- If relocating, normally a minimum of five jobs is required within 12 months.
- If a start-up, a minimum of three new jobs is required within the first six months.
- Demonstrate what difference the grant or loan will have on the decision to relocate or start up in East Sussex.
- Outline which capital elements the grant would support and what level of match funding is available.
- Comply with State Aid regulations if applicable – see What is State Aid – Department for Business Innovation and Skills.
When to apply
This fund is now open and will close when the funds are fully allocated. (The ESI Fund is currently about half way through its original allocation)
If you have any questions, please contact Vera Gajic in Economic Development and Skills.
Phone: 01273 482205
How to apply
Register online and an application form will be emailed to you.