Want to bring down your gas and electricity bills? Hastings Borough Council might be able to help but you only have a week left to sign up to Switched On Hastings. If you sign up from now until midnight on 18 November 2013, you can be a part of their first ever ‘collective energy switching scheme’.
How does it work?
- We buy energy as a community from the supplier with the best deal
- You can sign up now to take part in the scheme with no obligation. Make sure you have details of your current gas and electricity consumption to hand – visit www.uswitch.com for help with understanding how your bill is worked out
- The more people who sign up, the greater our purchasing power and you can sign up if you live in Hastings, St Leonards and the surrounding area!
- In November, various energy suppliers will compete to make the lowest offer in an auction. They determine their offer based on the number of people taking part – so make sure you get all your friends and family to sign up
- The supplier with the lowest tariffs ‘wins’ the auction. Two weeks after the auction, you will get a personal offer by email from that supplier and will have a few weeks to decide whether or not to accept it
- Better still, the process of switching from your current supplier/s will be seamless and simple
- The auction takes place on 19 November.
Sign up now for the Big Community switch: www.ichoosr.com
Get help signing up at the Switched On Hastings drop-in sessions:
The council holding drop-in sessions so you can find out more about the scheme at the Community Contact Centre on the following dates and times – don’t forget to bring your electricity and gas bills with you and we can help you get signed up, the final session is on;
- Wednesday 13 November: 2pm to 4pm