Thousands of visitors are expected to make the journey to Hastings this weekend for the annual pirate day.
As Hastings are the current world record holders of the most pirates in one place the emphasis this year is on making it as much fun as possible for everyone who goes ensuring that the family friendly day has something for everyone. Here’s the timetable for the day so that you can plan you’re day as much as possible!
- 10:30am: The Old Town Crier and Drummers will open the event on the High Street.
- 10am-4pm: The Pirate Market on the Stade
- 10am-4pm: Sparrows uk will be providing pirate entertainment on the Stade
- 10am-4pm: Market on Courthouse Street.
- 10am-4pm: Pirate Cave will be open, pick up your treasure trail map from there as well.
- 10am-4pm: Dead Man’s Island hosted by the Winkle Club on Winkle Island.
- 10am-4pm: Hastleons digging for treasure on the volleyball court.
- 11am-4pm: Walk the Plank at Swan Gardens
- 11am-4pm: Pirate Arts at St Mary in the Castle
- 11am-4pm: Pirate Futsal at the multi use games area.
- 11am-4pm: Tarot readings, face painting, stocks in Swan Gardens.
- 11am-3pm: T.T.A Dance and Children’s Entertainment in Roebuck street.
- 11am-4pm: Children’s treasure trail along the High Street, get your map from the Pirate Cave on the day.
- 11am-4pm: The Skeleton Crew will be roaming the Old Town.
- Midday-4pm: Music events at local venues around the Old Town (please check the local pubs)
- 12:30pm: Best dressed pirate competition on the High Street. (Look out for the signs)
- 1pm-6pm: Pirate Disco at Blackmarket VIP.
- 4pm: Swallows and Amazons will be shown at the Electric Palace.
Fingers crossed the weather will be great, however given the number of pirates that will be there on the day, we’re sure a squall or two wont harm the fun and enjoyment of the day.
To find out more about this great day for all the family please visit the official website here.